|View single post by ftmichael|
|Posted: 2010-11-26 06:57 pm||
|You're the father of a Trans person, by the way. It's an adjective, never a noun (or, god help us, a verb).
No matter where you are in your process of accepting your daughter as she truly is, I strongly recommend that you join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transfamilyofcleve/ (open list) and/or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transkidsfamily/ (parents-only list). Talking to other parents makes all the difference in the world. If you don't want to talk, just read and listen!
Other helpful stuff:
http://t-vox.org/ - resource/info central
* Luna by Julie Anne Peters
* Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green
* She's Not There by Jennifer Finney Boylan
* The Transgender Child by Stephanie Brill and Rachel Pepper
* Trans Forming Families, edited by Mary Boenke (third edition, 2008) - available from PFLAG's Transgender Network for $10 US
* The Our Trans Children leaflet (sixth edition) - available from PFLAG's Transgender Network for $2 US, or you can save and print it yourself for free. The booklet is their only source of revenue, so if you can pay for it, please do!
* TransGeneration (Ignore what Lucas says in the first episode about hormones being "very dangerous" - they're not, not if you get them through a competent doctor and have regular - which usually means annual - bloodwork, and that was irresponsible of him to say.)
(The books, aside from Trans Forming Families, can be ordered on amazon.com or you can get the ISBNs from amazon.com and bring them to any bookstore to order them. Trans Forming Families is available from PFLAG's Transgender Network for $10 US. The DVD can be ordered on amazon.com also, as you see from the link.)
Last edited on 2010-11-26 06:58 pm by