|View single post by ftmichael|
|Posted: 2010-11-26 05:51 pm||
If you don't like people using feminine pronouns, don't tell them it's okay. Forget what you're willing to settle for and start focusing on what you actually want.
No one has the right to tell you that you're not who you say you are. Ever. Your 'friend' is being a dick. If he won't respect the fact that you're a man, get rid of him.
Definitely get a Livejournal at http://www.livejournal.com/create.bml . It doesn't matter if you don't want to keep another online journal. You don't have to post in your personal journal. The point is the communities; that's where the support is, quite a bit more than here. See http://community.livejournal.com/transgender/1133801.html for LJ communities that may help you. I recommend the ftm and transgender communities in particular. Go to the userinfo (profile) page of any community and click the link at the top right of the profile, where it says Join. And spend a lot of time at http://community.livejournal.com/ftm/tag/ .
Links for you - take your time going through them! The point is that you have a load of them so you can go through them at whatever pace you want, and in whatever order you want, and not have to stop to look for more for quite a while. Getting through them is not a race, and going through them slowly is probably a better idea. Go through them in whatever order you want; I just have them listed by URL length so they're easier to read.
http://t-vox.org/ - resource/info central
http://ftmichael.transboys.info/yayforqueers.html - come chat!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/njkidst-net/ - for Trans folks 18 and under
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teentransman/ - for Trans guys 25 and under
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vPBLYBIo0uw - ten-minute YouTube on coming out as FTM
http://youtube.com/mensroomftm - keep checking back because new ones are added every day
* Luna by Julie Anne Peters
* Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger
* Just Add Hormones by Matt Kailey
* Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green
* The Transgender Child by Stephanie Brill and Rachel Pepper
* Trans Forming Families, edited by Mary Boenke (third edition, 2008) - available from PFLAG's Transgender Network for $10 US
* The Our Trans Children leaflet (sixth edition) - available from PFLAG's Transgender Network for $2 US, or you can save and print it yourself for free. The booklet is their only source of revenue, so if you can pay for it, please do!
* TransGeneration (Ignore what Lucas says in the first episode about hormones being "very dangerous" - they're not, not if you get them through a competent doctor and have regular - which usually means annual - bloodwork, and that was irresponsible of him to say.)
(The books, aside from Trans Forming Families, can be ordered on amazon.com or you can get the ISBNs from amazon.com and bring them to any bookstore to order them. Trans Forming Families is available from PFLAG's Transgender Network for $10 US. The DVD can be ordered on amazon.com also, as you see from the link.)
Hope that helps, and hope to see you in http://ftmichael.transboys.info/yayforqueers.html .
Last edited on 2010-11-26 05:57 pm by