|View single post by edhellinde|
|Posted: 2013-09-21 11:58 pm||
|Hello! My name is Svetlana Mitsina-Brown and I am a doctoral candidate with Pacific University’s School of Professional Psychology. I am recruiting participants for my dissertation study which investigates the relationship between self-compassion and body image. To participate you must be at least 18 years old and you must NOT be pregnant.
The subject of body image in LGBT populations is extremely important but under-researched, and your responses will contribute to this important field of study. You will be asked questions about your body image, eating habits, and the way your respond to yourself in difficult times. The survey is estimated to take 10-15 minutes to complete. You will also be offered an opportunity to enter a drawing for one of four $25 gift certificates to Target!
To participate in this study, please click on the survey link below.
If you experience an adverse emotional or psychological reaction during or after completing the questionnaire, please contact the primary investigator and a mental health provider. The following resources are also available to you:
• Eating Disorder Hope (find an eating disorder treatment center near you) http://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/treatment-centers
• Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center http://edreferral.com/
• National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA), 1-800-931-2237 http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
• Online Emotional Support (12 hours/7 days) http://www.crisischat.org/chat/
• National Mental Health Association (free information on mental health disorders, referral directory to mental health providers, national directory of local mental health associations)
1-800-969-6642 (M-F, 9-5 EST)
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com
Thank you so much for your time!
Svetlana Mitsina-Brown, MS
Pacific University School of Professional Psychology
Pacific University Institutional Review Board FWA: 00007392 | IRB: 0004173 | Registered 7/1/2013 | Registration Expires 7/1/2018