Hey, guys. I've lurked on this forum for awhile but I finally decided to join. Pretty nice community here, it seems. Well, I'm Cody. I'm 14 and FtM. I'm out to my parents finally, which is nice. Pre-everything, obviously. I like drawing, writing, and scrolling endlessly on tumblr.
And I don't know how to write and introduction.
Links for you - take your time going through them! The point is that you have a load of them so you can go through them at whatever pace you want, and in whatever order you want, and not have to stop to look for more for quite a while. Getting through them is not a race, and going through them slowly is probably a better idea. Go through them in whatever order you want; I just have them listed by URL length so they're easier to read.
Must-reads if you can get hold of them:
* Luna by Julie Anne Peters
* Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger
* Just Add Hormones by Matt Kailey
* Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green
* The Transgender Child by Stephanie Brill and Rachel Pepper
* Trans Forming Families, edited by Mary Boenke (third edition, 2008) - available from PFLAG's Transgender Network for $10 US
* The Our Trans Children leaflet (sixth edition) - available from PFLAG's Transgender Network for $2 US, or you can save and print it yourself for free. The booklet is their only source of revenue, so if you can pay for it, please do!
* TransGeneration (Ignore what Lucas says in the first episode about hormones being "very dangerous" - they're not, not if you get them through a competent doctor and have regular - which usually means annual - bloodwork, and that was irresponsible of him to say.)
(The books, aside from Trans Forming Families, can be ordered on amazon.com or you can get the ISBNs from amazon.com and bring them to any bookstore to order them. The DVD can be ordered on amazon.com also, as you see from the link.)